Two people have been reportedly to have died following the gas explosion in conference hotel while three people sustained injury.
The explosion happened at the entrance of the hotel while a technician was filling an automatic door of the hotel.
According to report gathered, the technician and one of the workers died instantly, while three others reportedly sustained varying degrees of injury.
Furthermore, the remains of the dead were deposited at the general hospital morgue in Abeokuta while the injured were taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta.
The hotel’s facilities manager, Tunde Oshunnubi, said, “During the routine maintenance of the automatic revolving door at the hotel reception, the maintenance technician used gas to weld the door hinges.“The oxyacetylene gas cylinder suddenly exploded.”
According to the manager,the injured persons are responding to treatment at the hospital and no sabotage is recorded.
Investigation is ongoing either the gas is fake and could not withstand the pressure or possible causes of the explosion.